PLEASE NOTE: SMHS facilities services are now managed by GW Facilities Planning, Construction, and Management (FPCM) located at 2025 F Street, NW . All requests for services must be submitted through the FixIt ticketing system.
GW Facilities Planning, Construction, and Management (FPCM) will handle requests for emergencies, maintenance, and information, including calls regarding:
- Elevator malfunction
- Gas leak
- Plumbing (flood)
- ADA-related issues
- Electrical issues
- Non-conforming key operations
- Biohazard boxes not retrieved
Renovations and small discretionary (billable) project are generated by submitting a FixIt Request. If you would like your office painted, new carpet installed, new cabinets, new locks and keys, or to schedule a move, please submit a FixIt Request.
Large projects require lead-time for plans and to initiate a formal process due to funding, building codes, and State requirements. Construction Services specializes in doing Laboratory Renovations. Please contact your Administrative Officer to initiate a project request.
Construction Services can also assist researchers in obtaining custom-made parts for special equipment, or machining parts if needed. Please submit a FixIt Request if you are interested in these services.
Relocation Planning Services
GW FPCM provides relocation and planning management services.
Below are the steps we take in the relocation planning process:
- Meet with the customer to determine their needs (number of offices, furniture requirements, data/phone services)
- Scheduling the relocation date
- Estimate the cost of the project
- Obtain sign-off from fiscal entity manager/department head
- Coordinate actual move with movers and customer
- Evaluate move
Minor Renovation Services
Minor building renovation services include:
- Duplicate key cores for furniture and file cabinets
- Replacing ceiling tile
- Secure benches
- Install shelving units on walls
- Disconnect and reconnect plumbing services
- Install security chains to wall
Providing the highest standard of housekeeping services and cleanliness for all SMHS students, faculty, and staff, SMHS provides:
- Trash removal
- Restroom cleaning and sanitization
- Dusting of horizontal and vertical surfaces
- Vacuuming of carpeted areas
- Stripping/scrubbing and refinishing tile floors
- Administration of the recycling program
- Outside grounds maintenance
- Interior glass cleaning
- Carpet shampooing and extraction
- Classroom cleaning, including basic furniture straightening
- Hard floor dust mopping and washing
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Services
HVAC is responsible for the maintenance and repair of all building heating and cooling systems.
If it is too hot or too cold, please submit a FixIt Request.